ART: Samantha Cotterill

















Samantha Cotterill is a mixed-media artist in Upstate New York. Here is a statement she posted on her site:  "A full-time artist in my pre-kid days, I am on the pursuit of bringing art back into my life as I raise two boys, ages 8 and 6...(well, I'll at least give it a try)."

Samantha sells her art on Etsy in a shop called "mummy sam."  As of today, she has sold 891 of her works on that site (and she has 7347 admirers)...so I guess the experiment is going fairly well! 

You can also read her blog (which contains many of her preliminary sketches). 

I love the fact that she is finding all sorts of ways to incorporate her work into people's lives--including the iphone cases and sheets available here. The dolls are incredibly inventive, although it looks like she has not offered any for sale since 2009 (or so).